We provide a free telephone Support Line for all workers in Further and Higher Education in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Support Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
UK Ph:0808 802 03 04
Txt: 07909341229 - we'll call you back straight away
What happens when I call?
When you phone our Support Line you will speak to a member of our support team. They will ask you some basic questions about why you are calling and ‘triage’ your call, or decide the best person for you to speak to, based on this assessment.
They will then do one of the following:
- deal with your call personally as a support call straight away
- transfer you to one of our BACP accredited counsellors for coaching and counselling
- transfer you to one of our other services (for example financial counselling or grants)
- assist with referral for long term treatment e.g. refer you to your GP
How much does it cost to call?
Calls are normally free from a landline.
Who will I be talking to?
You will first speak to a member of our support team. They will ask you some questions to understand your situation and may help you set short term goals, so that you can find a way forward.
If you have counselling or coaching you will be speaking with one of our British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counsellors. For financial advice you will be talking to a Citizen Advice Bureau (CAB) trained debt specialist.
What services do you offer over the phone?
We offer an extensive range of information, support and coaching or counselling services:
- Coaching and Counselling - Our certified coaches aim to help you identify practical goals and actions for yourself, it may be appropriate for you to have up to six telephone counselling sessions.
- Money Management or Grants - We can help you take control of your financial problems with debt counselling from our money management team, additionally some teachers may be eligible to receive financial assistance. We offer emergency grants. Terms and conditions apply.
- Information and Signposting - Our coaches have a thorough understanding of the education system and the details of life in the classroom. If we don't have the answer to your problem, we will point you in the direction of other organisations that may be able to help.
Are there online options?
Is it completely confidential?
Yes. We will only break confidentiality if:
- there is a risk to your own health and safety, or to that of others
- or if you have been involved in a crime